Fettuccini with Pancetta
This Fettuccini with Pancetta recipe pairs excellently with Terlato Vineyards Chardonnay.
- 1 Box De Cecco egg fettuccini
- 6 slices of pancetta baked until crisp (15 min. @ 350), chopped
- 2 cups wild mushrooms (prefer Chanterelles), may use crimini, quartered
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallot
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup heavy cream, reduced by 1/3
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1cup, plus garnish grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Chopped parsley to garnish
- Salt and pepper
- Sauté chopped shallots in butter until translucent, and then add mushrooms.
- Season with salt and pepper and cook until liquid is released and evaporated, add chicken stock and reduce by half.
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- Drain pasta and mix together pasta, mushroom mixture, cream and 1 cup grated parmesan.
- Cover with plastic wrap for 3 minutes and serve, garnished with chopped pancetta, chopped Italian parsley and Parmigiano-Reggiano.