Pan Roasted Veal Chop
For a delicious meal, pair Pan Roasted Veal Chop with Terlato Vineyards Angels’ Peak.
- 1 Tsp. sugar
- 1 Tsp. kosher salt
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Tsp. Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tsp. fresh Thyme, finely chopped
- 2 Tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tsp. dried Porcini mushrooms powder
- ½ tsp. Dried Mustard Powder
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 12 ounce USDA Prime, Veal Rib Chops, cut 2 inches thick
- ½ Tbsp. Olive Oil
- ½ Tbsp. butter
In small bowl, combine the sugar, salt, garlic, paprika, thyme, pepper, mushroom powder, mustard powder and olive oil and stir well to form a thick, fairly dry paste. Rub the paste all over the chops, coating them evenly, and refrigerate, wrapped in plastic, for 12 hours or overnight.
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Heat 1/2 tablespoon butter and 1/2 tablespoon oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then sear chops until golden brown, about 3 minutes on each side. Transfer skillet to middle of oven and roast chops until an instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into a chop registers 125°F for medium rare, about 8 minutes. Allow the chops to rest for 15 minutes, and serve immediately.