This risotto will pair wonderfully with our Friuli Pinot Grigio!
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. butter
½ onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped fine
1 stalk celery, chopped
1-1/2 cups Carnaroli rice
4 oz. white wine
5-oz. Fennel, sliced thin then sliced on angle 1 inch long
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. In a saucepan melt butter with olive oil.
2. When warm add garlic, celery and onion (do not burn onion).
3. Add rice, coat completely.
4. Add wine, when it evaporates, add Fennel, stir.
5. Begin adding broth 1 cup at a time for 18 minutes stirring
continually. When broth is absorbed by rice add another
cup of broth.
6. After about 17 minutes add ½ cup of cheese.
7. Place small portions in each dish and sprinkle some cheese