Spirals alla Rustica
Pair Spirals alla Rustica with Terlato Vineyards Syrah for a simply satisfying meal.
- 1 lb. spiral pasta
- 3 cloves garlic, halved and sliced
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 cup basil (10-15 leaves), chopped
- 12 fresh ripe plum tomatoes or San Marzano tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- Ricotta Salata or Parmesan Cheese, freshly grated
- 1 pound spirals
Heat the olive oil with a pinch of red pepper. Sauté the mixture of garlic, parsley, and basil.
As soon as the garlic begins to brown, add the chopped tomatoes and stir.
Season with salt and pepper, and cook until tomatoes are done, about 12 to 15 minutes.
While the spirals are cooking in salted water, ladle about 5 tablespoons of the sauce into warm pasta bowls. When the pasta is al dente, drain well. Ladle spirals over the sauce in the bowl, then ladle about 5 tablespoons of sauce over the spirals and sprinkle liberally with cheese and freshly ground pepper.
Serve at once.