Steak au Poivre
Steak au Poivre pairs with Terlato Vineyards Rutherford Cabernet Sauvignon for a decadent meal.
- 8 6-ounce steaks or tenderloins
- 3 tablespoons cracked black pepper
- 1 slice smoked bacon, cut into matchsticks
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 ounces veal stock
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 4 ounces Terlato Family Vineyards Angels' Peak
- Roll each steak in salt and cracked black pepper. Coat thoroughly on both sides.
- In a medium-size pan, cook bacon in olive oil and about 6 tablespoons of butter.
- Remove pan from heat and place crisp bacon aside.
- Return pan to heat and sear the steaks until done to taste. Remove from the pan. Keep warm.
- Sprinkle shallots into the pan and add the Cabernet Sauvignon - Rutherford, reduce by one-third.
- Add the veal stock and stir.
- Place steaks onto individual warm plates. Cover steaks with sauce and sprinkle the crisp bacon over the top.