Whole Roasted Beef with Chausseur Sauce
Whole Roasted Beef with Chasseur Sauce is big flavor to complement a big red like EPISODE.
4 lb. Prime Sirloin Strip Roast, cleaned of fat and cut in half lengthwise
- Coat meat with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- In a preheated 350-degree oven roast for approximately 30 min., or until internal temperature reaches 130 degrees for medium rare.
- Serve with Chasseur Sauce
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 3 Cups Crimini Mushroom, diced
- 6 Shallots, minced
- 12 Ounces Red Wine
- 6 Tablespoons Brandy
- 4 Cups Veal Demi Glace
- 2 Cups tomatoes, diced
- 1 Tablespoon Parsley, chopped
- Salt And Pepper
Melt butter in a heavy sauce pan. Add shallots and mushrooms, saute till butter is absorbed. Add wine and bring to a boil, then simmer until reduced to almost dry 10 to 15 minutes. Add brandy and flame. Add veal demi glace and bring to a light simmer. Add parsley and tomatoes to finish. Season with salt and pepper.